1. DO NOT JUST ADD THIS MOD ONTO A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE MEGAMOD. There
is the chance that you have corrupted files or extra files that you should
not have, and you may get weird bugs. Delete the current data folder you
2. Install version of Fallout 2 that takes up the largest amount of space.
3. Make sure you do not have a patch000.dat file in your main Fallout 2
directory. Either delete or rename it.
4. Make sure the individual items and critters inside the proto folder
are set to read-only.
5. Install the game and mod to a new location. Do not use the location
you usually use. Pick a new folder entirely or, better yet, a different
partition of your hard drive.
6. If you are going to uninstall a Fallout 2 game, you should also
restart your computer after doing so, before reinstalling the game again
and adding the Megamod.
7. If you have installed the game many times on your computer and removed
it, it might be a good idea to also run a registry cleaner.
8. If you are using Winrar, when you look at your proto files to see if
they are read only, they will say read only. Don't believe them. Uncheck
all the read only boxes. Then, check them again.
9. Look at the proto files' properties to verify they are read-only. I
keep all necessary files on read only. If I see a file and I don't remember
if I had intentionally modified it or not, I check this. If it is not read
only, I assume it was made by the game and then delete it.
10. This mod doesn't work correctly with other mods, so don't try to add
anything else or otherwise modify it unless you really know what you are